September 10, 2012

Herbst ist hier.

Throwback family photo minus Dad. Good thing jean
jackets are back in style. Miss them!

Fall is a time when I tend to miss America for numerous reasons. Lately I have missed family and friends a lot and it’s one of those times in life where you just long for a good, long hug. Not a one arm under, one arm over hug, because those are my least favorite and almost as bad as a side hug. I think I prefer a fist pound. But rather an “it’s gonna be alright” hug. I am usually the hug giver since I am bigger than most people, so more often than not I don’t get those kinds of hugs if that makes sense. Plus living in a country where you greet people with a kiss on the cheek or a hand shake also limits the availability. Crazy to think hugging has so many options.

As for things that make me miss fall in America, the first would probably be soccer. Since I was young, fall always meant soccer season. Whether that is club, high school, or college and nothing gets better than preparing for a game under the lights on a Friday night. Soccer has been somewhat rough here to say the least and it makes me miss the days of Drake soccer and getting excited for game days. A close second to soccer though is college football season (and kind of NFL now too). I love Saturdays and just lying on the couch watching college football all day. Not to mention taking a nap to the commentary is the best. I find it lulling for some odd reason.

Oh how I crave one of these
So those are the three main reasons. Family, fussball, and football. Lastly if I see one more picture of a pumpkin spice latte on my news feed or Instagram I am going to die.  I love them and they have a million Starbucks here, but that drink doesn’t exist. I have been craving anything pumpkin, but I only have one can of pumpkin that I need to save for Thanksgiving. 

On the flip side, I am excited for fall because of the clothing and getting to layer, but even though it’s chilly here I am still trying to enjoy my summer clothing because wearing the same clothes for 7 months gets old.

The book I am reading
So as you can see I have been in an interesting place emotionally. It has been challenging because God has been continuing to strip me of my comforts. I have been focusing on just learning about who God really is and what His character qualities are. I guess it is somewhat the beginning of a new adventure and it seems stressful and overwhelming, but I know it will be a worthwhile journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment