| Britt and I before her game |
Well it has been a long time since I have blogged. Life has been crazy busy and usually when I go to write a blog I have something to write about, but that isn’t the case today so I will just see what flows from my mind (always a scary thought). It is crazy it Easter was already here. Last year, I spend Easter in Prague so it is a bit different being in Berlin this year for it. We couldn’t really go anywhere because we had a game on Easter Monday and had this fan club thing on Good Friday (Karfreitag). Holidays are always somewhat lonely in other countries because you just think about all your friends and family being together and you aren’t there. Most of my teammates went away to their parents’ houses. Yesterday, I went to my host family for Easter lunch after our game. I get so excited to eat warm, homemade meals now that I live on my own because my meals are pretty boring. They are such a blessing. I thought I would have outgrown the whole Easter egg hunt, but this year I got to do two hunts.
| Meg, Britt, and I after a different game |
A few weeks ago Meg (friend from the States) was here visiting, which was so much fun. We just did random things and in the mornings I had German class, but I wasn’t training yet because of my knee so we got to hang out at night. We went to one of Brittany’s volleyball games in Potsdam and since Meg played she taught me some things about volleyball. My other friend in Berlin plays for the men’s professional team here and they made it the finals, which is a big deal. So that is super exciting. I always wished I played volleyball. It looks like so much fun and WAY less running than soccer. I love what I do here, but one of the hard parts is that we work with some Americans that play as professional athletes over here and provide them with community, etc, but then they leave when the season is over. It is hard because you connect and then they leave and never know if they are coming back for the next season.
| All of us at the Potsdam Champions League soccer game |
On the soccer front, I am finally playing again and have been running and training. I will probably dress on Monday, but doubt I will go in because I am just coming back. It feels so good to be playing again but I am hesitant with my knee. I try to not be though because that is when you are more likely to get injured. Another bit of good news is that Spotify is FINALLY in Germany. I love it. Makes listening to new music so much easier. I have also started reading the Hunger Games. Along with the rest of the world. I am on the second one and they are so good. I hope to go see the movie here. It is the nice thing about having a Kindle and just being able to download the books instead of getting them shipped from the States.
| Easter brunch with friends |
Exactly six weeks from yesterday I will be back in America to visit. I am really excited, but at the same time kind of nervous because I think the adjustment will be harder than I think. We will see though. Last time I came home I didn’t have much time to process because it was so busy and I was living off adrenaline the entire time, but this time I will have a lot more downtime, which I am excited for. It will come fast, but between then and now I have a lot to get done. As the weather gets warmer, it is always harder to sit down and do work because I rather be playing outside. I am getting excited to play soccer when it is warm, and every night when we go to training it stays lighter a little longer. I love that. This blog is all over, but it is hard when it has been so long. I will try to keep up better.
No comments:
Post a Comment