| Ritter Sport Museum!! Chocolate! |
| I needed more people. |
Now Saturday was the interesting day. I decided to go to Super Saturday it is called. The students that work on University campuses that are here with Campus for Crusade put it on once a month. Pretty much students come and hang out, eat, and there is a worship and a short message. It takes place at this really nice house that people can stay in. I forget what the purpose is but I think it’s similar to a Church home that hosts people. Not sure, regardless it was a lot of fun. In the backyard we played soccer and volleyball after. The volleyball went into the neighbor’s yard once and Ryan retrieved it. But then I threw the Frisbee into the yard again so Elaine and I went to retrieve it. As we were going Ryan yelled, “Beware of the angry man.” Seeing that Ryan is NEVER serious, we thought he was joking. We went to the gate and didn’t see a buzzer for them to let us in. So we just figured out how to open the gate ourselves. Then we went to the door, but didn’t see a buzzer there so we decide to quick just get the Frisbee. Well Elaine went and I kept watch. And let me tell you what I ended up watching was the TV screen in the window, until the man was ferociously staring at me. At this point, Elaine is taking FOREVER and so I decide to run towards the gate. My mind is spinning so fast, because it was like do I run and leave Elaine or do I stay and wait for this man to come outside. As you all know, TP’ing rule #1 is you NEVER leave your partner in crime behind. Kelsey this is for you, it reminded me of when we went and TP’ed the guys and EVERYONE left us. Funny, NOT! Regardless, I tried yelling for Elaine, but she didn’t come so I stopped and stood at the gate just in time for Mr. Angry Man to come outside and start screaming at me in German. Before he could get words out, I started just shouting words that he might know like “Frisbee in your Garden!” and “Entschuldigung”, but I found out soon enough that his English was quite good. He started ranting and raving about how we shouldn’t just come in and people in Germany don’t just do that. And how we should have went ten meters further and rang the buzzer and how rude we are, yada, yada, yada. We attempted to explain that we tried, and apologized, but he kept saying, “I have no interest in your sorry! And next time I am calling the police!” So then his wife came out and they walked inside with their panties in bunch.
I come to find out after all this Elaine still doesn’t have the Frisbee. So we are annoyed because how can you get angry that we threw our Frisbee over. Like put up a steal wall around your yard for goodness sake. We tried the next neighbor’s yard, who gladly let us in. Granted we learned our lesson and “RANG” the bell. The Frisbee wasn’t there either, and as we were walking towards the gate, the wife of Mr. Angry Man came out the other side of the house and said she threw the Frisbee back over already. I mean good to know, couldn’t she have told us that an hour ago. Sheesh. I was like this has got to be a joke. As we are coming out of the gate, we see Mr. Angry Man halfway up the steps to the house we were hanging out at and talking to another one of the staff people. As we went up the walk way he stomped past us again and just glared. I guess he told our staff woman that we could have broken the gate and that you can’t just get those gates anywhere. Must be from the dinosaur times or something, who knows. I mean we opened it. It wasn’t like I was seesawing on it and jumping over it. I mean yeah I am big that could have been a problem, but we used it for its common use. Walking through. All in all, one of those times that I was just like for real. How can you really be mad about this?
| The twins and I at the 90's dance party. |
Last night though was fun. A couple of my friends invited me to come watch the Bundesliga basketball championship with some of the basketball girls and then to go to some 90’s party. That is all I really knew. I didn’t know any details. Luckily I didn’t show up dressed in 90’s clothing because it wasn’t that kind of event. I find out it is like this big dance party they have every year in Berlin at the Velodrome and there are thousands of people. It goes all night and you just dance and there was a German singer, “Luna” there. At first I thought they said “Luda” and I was like weird, but then some blonde chick came on stage and I knew it wasn’t Luda. It was fun though and we just danced. I was laughing though because “Oops I did it Again!” came on and everyone went crazy. Same with Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, and Spice Girls. I felt as if I was in a middle school dance all over again, but it was convenient because I knew all the lyrics. People here stay up all hours of the night though and I just can’t handle that. Since I live way north in Berlin it takes like forever to get home in the night because the train comes not very often. I ended up in the middle of nowhere at one point, but luckily I found these two people to help me find my way. I usually only ride trains now, but I guess come to find out trams just randomly stop and say “Fahrt endet hier.” I was like ok…. Where am i? Oh Virchowstrasse, perfect. Never heard of it. I made it home in about 90 minutes to say the least.
No comments:
Post a Comment